Pages

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Blue sky thinking.


I didn't think there was really any style kudos left for the denim dress to claim, but Oasis have had a bestseller with this one. The flared skirt stays modern by being just above knee length, but the effect is cute, and not "Cowgirl"! My favourite touch is the little crocheted collar-so delicate that it looks like a handmade addition-but I also like the scooped back which stops the whole effect being too sweet and innocent.

I like how easy it is to wear, and yet the design still shows a bit of imagination. I don't shy away from stuff with a bit more of an edge but I was starting to wonder whether some of the more demanding catwalk looks were having too much of a direct influence on the high street, making some things almost inaccessible for women who just want to grab a nice new summer dress to wear for work. In my opinion, Oasis have really nailed the market for summer, with pieces that are totally wearable but never stale.